Thursday, December 3, 2009

Rock Climbing

I bought a book “ The Road less Traveled” because the author started at the beginning of his book “ Life is difficult” To me, it is something very familiar, something that I know better more than some other friends.

"who has suffered from depression and has survived the experience long enough to try to do something about it-such as reading a book about it, as you are now ( I am now)-has the making of a successful climber." –Climbing out of depression


I went Rock Climbing a few times and I loved it. I had to try to find a better hold, I had to think which hold I could reach, should left foot or right arm go first? Sometimes I had to stop, I had no more energy to go on and I just wanted to go down but the trainer who held the rope encouraged me to rest my hands, my arms a bit then tried again, in which finally I did make it to the top and it was worth trying.

"It really is okay when climbing to come back down a bit, then go sideways. In fact, sometimes that is just the best way to climb. But that’s not how the society usually sees it."

It's best to climb with others. I cannot imagine myself climbing alone without my friends. We all encourage and help one another. I was giving up, I was almost reaching the top, and I was just wanting to go down suddenly my friend shouted "you can do it" and many voices helped me to find the better hold to keep going. I'm so grateful for my friends. When you learn to climb, you have to listen to a person who has more experiences but to climb through life you have to choose who you will follow, who is your leader and how to help the rest of people to get to the top as you climb many rocks ahead.

It's very intersting. I sometimes wonder if people will get it but I'm so sure that there are people like me, who want to finish the climb even though sometimes feeling like "can't do it anymore" But whatever it is I am glad about one thing

My sheep hear my voice and I know them and they follow me-Jesus


That's how I can keep climbing and going whether they are the cliffs, mountains, troubled seas, or deepest and darkest valley. I know I talk about suffering a lot lately but you know what? That is leading to the greatest joy after all, after all battle for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment