Sunday, March 25, 2012

Against All Odds

My third book I've read this year. 

When I was reading this book, I thought that Jim was writing about part of my life, too. For example, Life took on new meaning since I arrived at 228 where my dorm is. Something he was saying like, “I had a strong feeling that I was on the right track. I was acutely aware that I was embarking on a new beginning. It was great to be on the move with God again.”  It is exactly how I feel but he knows just how to put it into the right words. There are principles  I thought it’s always true and I can use and apply in everyday life. I have noticed that’s exactly the same principles for all ywamers do. Ask God, Seek Him, what does He say? Then do it, obedience is the key. To do what God has called you to do. Walking with God in obedience, it’s not always easy but He is faithful and His promises are true. He will never leave you or forsake you. You have to get it right. Follow His lead and the rest will follow. 

It seemed difficult right where it started before coming here. There’s no money in my bank account to even pay for anything but everything is possible when God is in it. If it is God’s call, He will provide, money will come. It’s not my job to worry. This is not my original plan, if He wants this for me, He will work it out. He will make the way, everything will happen not for my own sake but for His glory. I do my part, anything that’s possible. I ask, I seek, I hear what He wanted me to do and I do it. When nothing happens, pray and pray harder, and pray some more. Pray until something happens. The author and I thought about the same thing, we thought we have lost everything and all of control of our lives. I feel like cheeky God was saying as Jim wrote on his book, “ GOOD!, you have lost control because I am in control! You are here because I brought you here. Trust me and keep going.” 

God is always enough. He is more than faithful enough to never fail. He is more than powerful enough to provide. He is more than loving to do it.

God can use anyone, if you let Him...
Trust and Obey

No comments:

Post a Comment